The Center for Technology Innovation sponsors a series of day-long workshops on cutting-edge technology issues with nationally-known speakers. Open to the public, the $165 registration fee includes handouts, breaks, lunch, and parking in the UWM Union parking structure. Discounted rate is available for UWM MIS/ITM alumni for $145.
Building Native Mobile Apps with Angular and Typescript
Friday, May 11, 2018
Lubar Hall, N333
Workshop presenter, Michael Carducci, is an accomplished performer, speaker and software developer. Michael is a regular on the NoFluffJustStuff symposium tour, and is in demand to speak and technical events around the world. When he is home in Denver, CO, he runs Mago:Tech, a company focused on building powerful CRM tools for niche markets.
Build amazing apps in one codebase, for any platform, with your existing web development skills. This hands-on workshop focuses on cross-platform, mobile app development using Ionic. Ionic is the beautiful, free and open source mobile SDK for developing native and progressive web apps with ease. Ionic is the only mobile app stack that enables web developers’ apps for all major app stores and the mobile web with a single code base.
We will be diving into the core concepts of ionic, cordova and building native apps. This is a project driven approach in that we will be developing a real application.
Note: you will need your laptop
The topics you will learn are:
Ionic is a mobile app framework powered by Angular and Typescript. By using this technology you will leverage your existing skillset to build hybrid mobile apps quickly.
This workshop covers everything you need to know to build your own mobile apps with Ionic by creating a fully functional mobile app over the course of the day.
- Introduction to Ionic and the current state of hybrid mobile app development.
- Find out what Ionic is and its various components, why you would choose to use Ionic, how to set up your machine for building Ionic hybrid apps, and the development workflow.
- Introduction to the various components to the toolchain that make building, debugging, and deploying your app a breeze.
- Get hands on experience in building your first hybrid app.
Recent workshops have included:
- Microservices Architecture and Design
- Building Evolutionary Architectures
- Test Driven Development in Java using JUnit 5
- Functional Programming in Swift
- Angular 2/4 Hands-on Programming Codecamp
- Six Essential Soft-Skills for the Technology Professional
- A Thorough Introduction to Grails 3
- Java Design Patterns
- The Antifragility Edge: Business and Technology
- Aurelia: Single Page Applications Done Right
- A Swift Kickstart: Introducing the Swift 2.0 Programming Language
- AngularJS Hands-on Programming Codecamp
To automatically receive information on upcoming workshops, please click here to request being added to our mailing list.
The Center also sponsors panel discussions with IT leaders who present their thoughts on topics of interest to the local IT community. Audience participation follows the presentation.
For More Information
Dr. Atish Sinha
Director, Center for Technology Innovation
Professor, Information Technology Management
Lubar Hall N363