PO Box 777
Milwaukee, WI 53201
Please note our Fax number has changed effective March 2017. Our new fax number is 414-229-5551.
Please see below the cut-off dates for new Purchase Orders for FY17. Requisitions must be received in PreAudit (Engelmann 230) no later than:
• April 14, 2017 – Requisitions over $50,000 for goods or services not on contract
• April 28, 2017 – Requisitions over $5,000 (and less than $50,000) for goods or services not on contract
• May 31, 2017 – Requisitions for goods or services on contract
• May 31, 2017 – Requisitions $5,000 and under
No FY17 purchase orders can be entered after May 31, 2017.
The Purchasing Office procures goods and services for the University and provides guidance on procurement practices within the University in accordance with good business practices and State, UW System and Campus laws, rules and guidelines. The Purchasing Office protects University staff from personal risk by signing Procurement contracts in accordance with State statutes and University policy.
Our goals are to support the mission and core values of the University through the efficient and effective acquisition of goods and services; to provide outstanding customer service to our stakeholders with commodity, sourcing, and compliance expertise; and to employ open, transparent, and ethical procurement processes.
- For office supplies, lab supplies, and many other general needs, login to Shop@UW
- For laptop and desktop computers, visit the Tech Store
- Check to see if goods/services are on contract
- For general purchases under $5000 not available through Shop@UW, use your procurement card where appropriate.
- Complete a Requisition if Shop@UW or the procurement card cannot be used and/or the item(s) are over $5000.
- Contact a Purchasing Agent with any questions, concerns or feedback!