All University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee printed and digital (Web, PowerPoint, Keynote, Captivate, Video, etc.) materials and merchandise should use an authorized version of the UWM logo. When it isn’t possible to use the logo, always include a text identifier.
Basic Logo Use
- The UWM preferred logo must appear on all publication covers or front pages, in a prominent position and at a significant size.
- Use only authorized digital artwork of the logo, downloaded from this site. Do not copy and use .gif files from a Web site for use on printed materials.
- Never incorporate the UWM logos into illustrations or other logos.
- When a logo is reduced or enlarged, the proportion of all the elements in the logo must remain the same. Do not stretch or condense.
- The registration mark ® must appear in all uses of the UWM logo—Do not remove!
- A UWM logo cannot be used within a line of text.
- Use only appropriate UWM logo color combinations.
- Student organizations cannot use UW-Milwaukee logos or UW-Milwaukee in the possessive as part of the name of their organization. [Download the Logo & Trademark Guidelines for Student Organizations]
- Use only full black logos on materials that will be faxed or photocopied in black and white. The gold waves can drop out or become too faint when reproduced in black and white.