In order to receive services from the UWM Accessibility Resource Center, the student must submit documentation of their disability and meet with a counselor to develop an accommodation plan. The steps to obtain accommodations are:
- Submit documentation of student’s disability that meets UWM’s disability documentation guidelines.
Documentation may be dropped off in the main office, Mitchell 112; faxed to 414-229-2237; emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org;
or mailed to Accessibility Resource Center, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, P.O. Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201.
- Contact our main office at email@example.com or 414-229-6287 for referral to an ARC counselor. Students may need to briefly describe the nature of their disability so that they will be referred to the appropriate counselor.
- Schedule a meeting with the counselor to discuss your disability and develop an accommodation plan (VISA).
The Accessibility Resource Center works with students with the following disabilities:
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Blind and Visually Impaired
- Chronic Health Conditions
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Learning Disabilities
- Medical Disabilities
- Mobility Disabilities
- Psychological Disabilities (anxiety disorder, depression, bipolar disorder, etc)
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
Please note disability documentation is confidential and is maintained separately from other educational records.
Reviewed: August 2017