In order to receive services from the UWM Accessibility Resource Center, students must submit documentation of their disability and meet with a counselor to develop an accommodation plan. The steps to obtain accommodations are:
- Complete the UWM Accessibility Resource Center online application and upload documentation of your disability with your application. Refer to our documentation guidelines.
- Documentation may also be dropped off in the main office, Mitchell 112; faxed to 414-229-2237; emailed to email@example.com; or mailed to Accessibility Resource Center, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, P.O. Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201. Refer to our documentation guidelines.
- Contact our main office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-229-6287 for referral to an ARC counselor. You may need to briefly describe the nature of your disability so that you are referred to the appropriate counselor.
- Schedule a meeting with the counselor to discuss your disability and develop an accommodation plan.
The Accessibility Resource Center works with students with the following disabilities:
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Blind and Visually Impaired
- Chronic Health Conditions
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Learning Disabilities
- Medical Disabilities
- Mobility Disabilities
- Psychological Disabilities (anxiety disorder, depression, bipolar disorder, etc)
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
Please note disability documentation is confidential and is maintained separately from other educational records.
Revised: January 2018