Registering with ARC

In order to receive services from the UWM Accessibility Resource Center, the student must submit documentation of their disability and meet with a counselor to develop an accommodation plan. The steps to obtain accommodations are:

  1. Submit documentation of student’s disability that meets UWM’s disability documentation guidelines.
    Documentation may be dropped off in the main office, Mitchell 112; faxed to 414-229-2237; emailed to;
    or mailed to Accessibility Resource Center, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, P.O. Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201.
  2. Contact our main office at or 414-229-6287 for referral to an ARC counselor. Students may need to briefly describe the nature of their disability so that they will be referred to the appropriate counselor.
  3. Schedule a meeting with the counselor to discuss your disability and develop an accommodation plan (VISA).

The Accessibility Resource Center works with students with the following disabilities:

Please note disability documentation is confidential and is maintained separately from other educational records.

Reviewed: August 2017