A guide to Obtaining Academic Accommodations and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Complete the UWM Accessibility Resource Center online application and upload documentation of your disability with your application. Refer to our documentation guidelines.
- Documentation may also be dropped off in the main office, Mitchell 112; faxed to 414-229-2237; emailed to email@example.com; or mailed to Accessibility Resource Center, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, P.O. Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201. Refer to our documentation guidelines.
- If needed, follow the procedure for Placement Test Accommodations.
- Call or email the appropriate counselor to schedule an appointment to discuss your needs and develop your Accommodation Plan.
After your initial meeting with your ARC counselor you will need to do the following:
- Share your Accommodation Plan with your instructors during their office hours.
- Discuss with the instructor the specific accommodations you will need for their course.
- Make arrangements with the instructor if testing or exam accommodations are needed; note that arrangements must be made IN ADVANCE.
- Bring the Alternative Test Form along to this meeting in case it is needed.
- Advise your counselor of any changes in your condition or if you are having difficulties.
- Renew your Accommodation Plan every year.
Documentation submitted to ARC is considered confidential and maintained separately from the student’s educational record.
Revised: January 2018