Since its founding in the 1965, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Alumni Association Board of Trustees has provided strategic insight and professional expertise to assist with the university’s outreach to alumni. The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Alumni Association (UWMAA) Board of Trustees serves more than 180,000 UWM alumni worldwide. Members have the opportunity to play a key role in guiding the efforts and initiatives of the office of alumni relations, and to serve as regional and national, ambassadors of UWMAA.
The UWMAA accepts nominations and applications for new members from March through May each year, with new members elected in June and starting their term in September. Terms are for two years, with the opportunity to renew for an additional two-year term. Applicants submit an online application and then participate in a phone or in-person interview with a member of the Alumni Board nominations committee.
The Board consists of a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 25 members, including a president, vice president, secretary, treasurer and immediate past president. The current Student Government Association president (or appointee) and the Associate Vice Chancellor of Alumni Relations sit on the board as non-voting members.
UWMAA seeks creative, diverse, dedicated, and enthusiastic alumni with a desire to support their alma mater by positively engaging other alumni in the life of UWM. Members play active roles in guiding the efforts and initiatives of the office of alumni relations and serve as regional and national ambassadors for UWM.
- Attending and actively participating in UWMAA meetings (up to four annually)
- Actively participating as a member of at least one UWMAA committee or task force
- Being a knowledgeable ambassador for UWM and the Alumni Association
- Representing the UWMAA at programs and events on a consistent basis and serving as special ambassadors at signature events
- Reaching out and engaging fellow alumni in UWMAA programs and events
- Supporting UWMAA or the alumni scholarships at the UWM Foundation with an annual, tax-deductible gift. (Contributions and matching gifts can be designated to any university fund or program and can be fulfilled in monthly, quarterly, or annual installments)
- Leveraging connections to expand potential partnerships and opportunities to engage alumni