As Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Dr. King provides campus leadership in a wide array of strategic, academic and budgetary planning and decision-making activities. Specific duties include leadership at the campus level for programs related to
- Student recruitment/enrollment/retention
- Access to Success initiatives
- Articulation agreements and transfer policies
- Administrative and academic policies
- Academic support services, including direct supervision of the Panther Academic Support Services, TRIO/Pre-College Programs, Accessibility Resource Center and the Academic Opportunity Center
- STEM initiatives
Dr. King is a UWM liaison to the University of Wisconsin System, City of Milwaukee and state for initiatives related to educational reform, STEM, health, and food and beverage industry entrepreneurship and innovations. She is a professor in Occupational Therapy, and previously served as Program Director and Department Chair for Occupational Therapy before assuming the Associate Dean position for the College of Health Sciences (CHS) in 2008. As Associate Dean, Dr. King had administrative oversight responsibilities for instructional budget, program development, professional accreditations, and community partnerships. She currently serves on the CHS Advisory Board as well as community schools and leadership boards.
Dr. King's research focuses on the science and practice of ergonomics. She is the Director of Campus Ergonomics Services and the Associate Director of the UWM Center for Ergonomics.