As Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness & Director of Assessment and Institutional Research, Gesele Durham provides strategic leadership, creative analysis and assistance in:
- Institutional effectiveness and progress in achieving university goals,
- Enrollment planning and monitoring,
- Assessment of student satisfaction, learning and success,
- Institutional research, including data management and analysis,
- Program review assessments, and
- Regional and program accreditation data analysis.
As a member of the Provost’s staff, Dr. Durham works closely with both the campus data users and the data providers to make sought-after data increasingly more accessible, understood and usable.
Dr. Durham earned her baccalaureate and masters degrees in Political Science from Illinois State University and a PhD in Political Science from the State University of New York at Binghamton. She spent a year evaluating international environmental agreements and treaties with the General Accounting Office prior to taking a position as an assistant professor at the University of Minnesota-Morris. After relocating to Wisconsin, she served as the assistant director for the International Studies Program and then Enrollment Data Manager for the Graduate School, both at UW-Madison, prior to joining UW-Milwaukee.